Friday, October 16, 2009

Joni Johnson Godsy Wildlife Art


http://www.jonijohnsongodsy.com/
I love this artist. She is sooooo talented. I did an essay on her last year of college and I had to paint one of her paintings. It was quite hard. She puts so much detail in her work, so much time and patience. She has traveled everywhere and painting was just one of her hobbies and it turned out to be something she loved and it turned out to be a career. She mainly uses acrylic, which to me is weird. I just don't see acrylic being a good medium. I feel like you can do as much with it but maybe I'm just not as experienced as she is. I prefer oil just because you can mess up and its no big deal, you can do different techniques and i think it just paints easier. It is messy but thats just something every artist going to have to deal with. 
Joni uses her colors quite nicely, with a good amount of cools and warms to balance the paintings.  She went from working at hallmark to just being an animal lover and then starting to paint. She soon quit her job and became a full time painter! How awesome! Plus she has traveled to such beautiful places, what a life, yea? 
Hopefully one day I will be just as good as her :]

No comments:

Post a Comment